Sunday, March 6, 2011

Installation Project

Installation Art- A form where an entire room or similar space is treadted as a work of ark to be entered and experienced. It also can be the placing of a work of art in a specific location, usually for a limited amout of time. The types of materials that can be used in an Installation work of art are not limited the artist can use just about anything they want. Artist create installations becaus eit allows the views to experience the art in real form and not just look at a painting or drawing.
In the video's I liked Richard Wilson's 20:50, I could not believe that he was able to create this inside. It looked amazing and i was i could see it in person to exerience it. On page 256 I saw an installation by an artitsit named Yayoi Kusama and the two works that I loved were "Fireflies on the Water" (media) plexiglass, mirror, lights and water, It was created in 2002 and the size is 9'3x12 1/2'x 12 1/2'. http://www.artnet.com/Magazine/reviews/robinson/robinson2-18-c.asp
 Another on of her works that I found and I loved was "You Who are Getting Obliterayed in the Dancing Swarm of Fireflies" (Media) mixed, created in 2005. http://www.flickr.com/photos/susanmyrland/2659894833/
My project i decided to use wood just because I had a hard time with this one and I just settled with it. I wish I could have gotten deeper into this but for some reason I just couldn't get a handle on it. This Installation could be set up anywhere i have it in the basement but it could also go outside.



I used pieces of wood and a wooden curtain as the base for this project and after looking at the finished product I a fort that you could hide in and I see a home that is being built. The elements of art that I see are: shape, mass, line, color, texture, and light. The principles of art that are present are: balance, emphasis, and  proportion,

No comments:

Post a Comment