Thursday, March 3, 2011

My thoughts on the videos

In the video Through The Eyes of a Sculptor I learned a few things, First I was unaware of the amount of time and patience it takes for an artist to create something like this. Also creating an art work or craft takes a lot of planning from start to finish. I never really thought of all the stuff that goes into creating something like this but there is really a lot of behind the scences stuff that an artist must think about before and during the process. Also that artist don't for the most part create somthing on a whim there is a lot of research about what types of materials to use as well as finding more information about what they want to create.
In the video Glass and Ceramics the one thing that stood out for me was the scientific use of materials comes mostly from the imagination and creative side of an artist. This type of art is a field of scientific development that most have just started to dip into.
In the video Installation it only just reinforced my learnings that anything can be or is art and its just how the viewer percieves or interprets a work of art.
I think the videos relate to our readings because it help reinforce my understanding of 3 dimensional art and installation art. I liked watching this weeks videos because some of the information in the readings was a little confusing to me and these videos help me get a better understanding of the texts and assignments this week. Also because of these videos I now have a better understanding for creating installation art for our project this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment